“SOULSA IS THE BALANCED AND ASTUTE FUSION BETWEEN THE VOCAL DEPTHS OF THE SOUL MUSIC AND THE SALSA FRENZY”
Musical producer and pianist Luigi Lazareno presents to the music scene his most recent production: The Soulsa Project, joining forces in this adventure with Tsaltiii records-Dewitt Terry Salter. This album blends in the right amount of elements of Salsa and Soul and propose an incomparable fusion in which the Soul classics are reborn in all its splendor thanks to the energetic drive of the Salsa Dura with an exquisite originality that interweaves these musical genres in an unique way.
This project involves world-class performers: Soul Afro-American singers and electrifying Latin Salsa musicians, the challenge was to find the right balance of each genre. All this was achieved by the musical arrangements of Luigi Lazareno of some of the classics by Stevie Wonder, Sting, Prince, Hall & Oates, Chaka khan and Earth Wind & Fire. The musicians moved to another level of performance of their own music preserving the roots, authenticity and identity of each genre.
The Soulsa Project travels through time and frontiers, injects energy and drive, with a clear and coherent message in each and every one of the songs allowing the Soul vocalists to float over the wind of a fluent and powerful Latin rhythm section.
★ “The Soulsa Project” Available On ➧ cdbaby
- Luigi Lazareno – Piano, Keyboards
- Jorge Orta “CroCro” – Congas, Bongos, Timbales and additional Percussions
- Derek Brotherton – Lead & Background Vocals
- Melanie Covinton – Lead & Background Vocals
- Cliff Daryl Duncan “Duncanluv” – Background Vocals
- Felix Yoan Alonso Blanco – Up-Right Electric Bass & Electric Bass
- Omar Martínez – Trumpet
- Yankar González – Trombone
- Eduardo “Tito” Carbonelli – Tenor Sax, Baritone Sax & Flute
- Joe Carmouche – Electric Guitar
- Eddy Marcano – Violin
- Robert Vilera – Timbales